Recipe dessert tarte flambée dough with vanilla ice cream
Dessert tarte flambée is a sweet variation of the traditional Alsatian tarte flambée, which is usually savory. Here is some information about dessert tarte flambée:
- Base: The dough for dessert tarte flambée is thin and crispy, just like savory tarte flambée.
- Topping: Unlike savory tarte flambées, which are often topped with bacon, onions and tarte cream, dessert tarte flambées are topped with sweet ingredients. Popular options for the topping include fruits such as apples, pears, berries or peaches.
- Sauce: Instead of the Flammkuchen cream used for savory Flammkuchen, dessert Flammkuchen can be spread with sweet sauces. For example, with a vanilla cream or a chocolate sauce, but also with a sweetened tarte flambée cream.
- Spices: Depending on preferences, spices such as cinnamon, vanilla or cardamom can be added to the dough or topping to intensify the flavor.
- Preparation: The dough is spread with the selected sweet sauce. Then the fruit or other desired ingredients are evenly distributed on top. The tarte flambée is then baked in a preheated oven until the dough is crisp and the topping is slightly caramelized.
- Serving: Dessert tarte flambée can be served warm or cold. They can be enjoyed plain or garnished with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream or a pinch of powdered sugar.
Dessert tarte flambées are a delicious option for those looking for a sweet twist on the classic tarte flambé. They are versatile and can be easily adapted to personal preferences.