Recipe "Tarte Italienne"
Thin pizza information - Tarte Italienne
Thin pizza, also known as "Italian pizza", is characterized by its thin, crispy dough. Compared to traditional American pizza, it has fewer toppings and a more tender texture. Here is some information about thin pizza:
- Our dough for thin pizza is made from flour, water, salt and vegetable oil. It is pressed thin to achieve a crispy texture.
- Toppings: A thin pizza has fewer toppings compared to the American version. Classic ingredients are tomato sauce, mozzarella, basil and olive oil. Other options can be salami, ham, mushrooms, peppers, onions, artichokes or other vegetables.
- Preparation: A thin pizza is baked in a very hot oven or on a hot pizza stone to ensure quick and even cooking. The short baking time helps to keep the dough thin and crispy.
- Serving: A thin pizza is usually cut into pieces and served hot. It can be served as a main course or as an appetizer. Traditionally it is eaten with the hands and not with cutlery.
- Variants: There are several varieties of thin pizzas, such as the classic Margherita (with tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil), the spicy Diavola (with spicy salami), the Quattro Formaggi (with four different cheeses) and many more.
Thin pizza is popular among pizza lovers who prefer a lighter and crispier taste. It is a symbol of Italian cuisine and is appreciated worldwide.